Wednesday, November 28, 2012

the one with christmas trees and google searches

On Monday, Jesse and I picked out our very first Christmas tree! And yes - it was exactly like that scene in Christmas Vacation where Clark Griswold sees "the one" - and the tree glows and a chorus sings melodiously in the background....well, sort of. But we did find a tree in the freezing cold and we did cut it down ourselves! And by "we" - I obviously mean Jesse. I was dressed far too adorably for such an endeavor. 

Turkey Hill Farm...and my very own lumberjack.
So anyways, we picked up our good friend Steve and drove up to Turkey Hill Farm in Haverhill, MA to search for the perfect tree. With the beautiful mountains behind us we paid an arm and a leg to cut down our very own tree, drink some free cider, and snap some photos commemorating the special moment. 

The first-ever A+J tree! Sorry I'm not giving you a full scale glimpse at The Tree. It's about 6 feet tall and smells divine. 
Oh and a woman from the Associated Press followed us around taking pictures for an article or something. So, who knows, maybe we'll even be in the paper! I even typed in "Alexandra Ghoman" on google today to see if she had posted a picture with my name in it and alas...only my Pinterest page popped up. This showed me two things: no, she didn't sell our pictures to the AP wire and yes, I'm the only Alexandra Ghoman on the internet...nay in the WORLD!!! 

So, clearly, it's been a big week for me - a first Christmas tree AND my very own google name. It's the little things in life:)

Sealed with a kiss. But we're married so it's allowed:) 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we'll have to watch Christmas Vacation, too!

    ReplyDelete