Wednesday, November 7, 2012

the one with the first snow!

As I write this - my fingers are freeeeeeezing!!! {Ha, Jesse saw me type that and blew on them to make them warmer -didn't work...but cute.} I'm sitting in our little attic working on the rooming list for our upcoming campus ministry retreat and thinking about the lovely mini snowstorm developing outside:) It's the first snow of the season and although all we have is this teeny space heater keeping us (vaguely) warm, I can't help but feel grateful.  Unlike many of my friends in New York and New Jersey, I'm lucky enough to have power, plenty of food in my pantry, and  enough gas in my car. I have so much to be thankful for.

I'm praying that my fellow north-easterners can stay warm, dry, and well-fed during this November storm:) And here's to hoping that J and I can soon afford to fill our oil tank and regain central heating! 

Until then....brrrrrr (sips hot cocoa). 




2 comments:

  1. Oh my, you two are the most adorable couple ever. I'm so happy that you are cozy a midst the flurries. These pictures remind me of the ones Jonathan and I took right after we got married, in the snow outside of our Pittsburgh apartment... such a lovely time. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete