Thursday, November 15, 2012

the one with the confession...

It's official: I need help. 

I have worn something from the men's department EVERYDAY this week. 
Things are getting out of hand. 

It all began junior year of college. I began searching the men's sale section regularly (predominately in the Gap) and I soon acquired a collection of button downs, henleys, some thermals, several hoodies, a pair of sweatpants, etc. Now married to a boy with even more flannels, sweatshirts, thermals, and cool sweaters - my obsession has reached problematic proportions. I have constant access to shapeless, warm, and comfortable clothing! To be fair, I always try to feminize my menswear with pearl earrings, cute hair, statement necklaces, skinny jeans, etc. But let's be honest - you can only get away with the boy-gone-girly look so often. I'm turning something that would be mildly chic on a bi-weekly basis into a daily lumberjack routine. 

Oh dear. 

That being said - I, Alexandra Joy Ghoman, hereby vow to stop buying men's clothing for the foreseeable future....even if said future holds the softest, most affordable shirt/sweater combo I've seen in months (I'm literally cringing writing these words). And I also promise to limit my purchases to feminine items that will balance my shapeless, overly-comfortable style. However, these new items will also work with my typical style. After all, "Rome wasn't dressed in a day"....or something like that. 

Some of the things I'll be looking for as I embark on my new fashion journey....fun dresses, interesting tops, blending of styles, etc. 


  
The first is from girlsack.com, second is from Gap, the last is from Ruche.




First is from Kendi Everyday, second is from LOFT, and third is from the Daybook Blog. 

Wish me luck;)

4 comments:

  1. Marriage was the worst thing that happened to my feminine sense of style! I totally understand…the other day I attempted to wear his jeans….BAD! I, too, take this vow!

    xoxo,

    Laura Cochran Nay
    miss-beanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ur blog dear! Would you like to follow each other?


    PS: Now you can READ my blog also in SPANISH!

    SHEINSIDE GIVEAWAY!

    My Experience at BORSALINO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like your blog too! Thanks! following now:)

      Delete