Monday, November 26, 2012

the one with the redemption

Although I'm sure you're dying to see all that I did over the holiday weekend (just kidding, I know your instagrams, facebooks, etc have already been thoroughly bombarded by your friends'/other bloggers' posts) -  I know that what you really want to know is how I fared over Black Friday. Did I break my vow? If you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about - then you can read my recent fashion vow post here.

First of all, I'm happy to report that I've worn my own (feminine) clothes every day this week. Since I've been freeeezing up here in Boston - it's been tough to stick to my own clothing options - but I've made lots of effort! And over the holiday weekend I even took some photos to prove it. Special thank you to all of you (J included) who have been forcing me to stick to my vow - I never knew how much you all detested my bad habits until I posted about it:)

Photo 1: shirt (thrifted), sweater (Gap last year), jeans (old navy), necklace, (consignment)
Photo 2: sweater (Gap), colored jeans (Gap outlet)
Photo 3: ruffled shirt (LOFT), sweater (LOFT), cords (JCrew Factory)
*In other news: the angle of these pictures is oh-so-unflattering. Vow #2 - stop taking photos like these*

And how did I survive the Black Friday shopping craze? Well, again, I just barely escaped the clenches of men's clothing sales and instead I bought two feminine shirts - one from Target and one from LOFT. They're adorable and flattering...finally! I'll post those later. J, on the other hand, bought some reallyyyy soft shirts during the sales and I haven't tried to steal them yet. It's nearly been the death of me.

Is it breaking my vow if I just wear them once... if I didn't buy them personally? Shhh, don't tell:)

And just in case you DO care about our Thanksgiving - here's a picture from our very first Thanksgiving as husband and wife. We like to keep it bright:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment