Monday, November 5, 2012

the one with the slow-cookin'

Confession: I looooove my crock pot. It's this magical contraption where you throw stuff in a pot, let it simmer for a couple of hours, and then - voila! Taste-bud delight! I'm going to let you in on two extra secret slow-cooker recipes today. And by "extra-secret," I mean that I got them from somewhere else online and fully expect you to share them with your closest friends and family. Enjoy:) 

BBQ chicken sandwiches
4-6 chicken breasts
1 bottle of barbecue sauce


We're having this for the second time tonight (per Jesse's request) with rice, green beans, and maybe some biscuits. He's a little obsessed with this dinner.

Chicken tacos
4-6 chicken breasts
1 packet of taco seasoning 
1 jar of salsa (normal size is fine) 



I adore Mexican food so this recipe was one of my favorites! I got some small tortillas, chopped up some lettuce, put out some shredded cheese and sour cream and we settled in to watch some Georgia football:) 

I recommend letting both dinners simmer for a couple of hours (4 on high, 6 on low), and then one hour before the timer goes off, shred the meat. This allows the flavor to really soak into the meat and to get extra moist before serving. 

Seriously. These are the ONLY INGREDIENTS for these recipes. I'm telling you - magic. Prepare to look like the world's tastiest cook...by doing practically nothing at all. 


3 comments:

  1. I too love a good crock pot recipe! So many times I can even put frozen chicken in the crock pot and it still cooks up just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO TRUE! I always do these recipes from frozen too! :) easy-peezy

    ReplyDelete