Sunday, December 23, 2012

the one with all the marry-ment

This weekend two of my best friends got married in the most bedazzled of occasions  Cortney Shanks married Tom McGuirk!! After several rounds of dating - they finally tied the knot yesterday.  And it was perfect:) I wore a gold sequined party dress (every girl needs one, after all) and Jesse got to wear the cutest little bow tie. We stood up on stage and watched two of our favorites commit their lives to one another. It was a tearful, happy, and long-awaited event and I'm so glad we got to witness it. 

The beautiful bride!
Over the last year, Cortney was in five weddings (including mine) and I was curious to see how she would style her own wedding - and let me tell you, it was the most unique weddings ever. She did an amazing job combining all of the best parts of this time of year - candlelight, glitter, and class - while remaining perfectly herself. Her dress was simple and beautiful and she matched it with a coverlet from Beholdn (Anthro's wedding line) - seriously the coolest accessory I've ever seen. Like I mentioned before, the bridesmaids wore gold sequined dresses, carried black clutches (hand-picked by the bride for each maid - precious), and rocked sock buns. The reception was held at this stunning New England house that had a roaring fireplace, twinkle lights, and cozy couches. Magical. 

Tom and Cort - you may never see this thanks to your amaaaazing honeymoon in Aruba (woo!) but thank you for letting me be apart of your Big Day. I can't believe we almost had to miss it, but I'm so grateful that God worked it out. The best December 22nd I can ever remember:)  If you want to look at more pictures from their day (and if you have an instagram) - type in the hashtag #merrycortmas and enjoy!

Today, I'm sitting at my computer with a sore throat and head ache - the aftermath of the perfect weekend - and I'm trying to rest up before we head out to Florida for Christmas vacation. I feel so tired and yet so blessed all at once. It's definitely been a wonderful Christmas season already. 

And before my other lovely brides from 2012 feel slighted - I would also love to give a special shout-out to Candice and Erin - two of my other newly married friends who are literally some of the most stunning people I will ever know. Your weddings were perfect and deserve a post of their own. I love you both dearly:) If you want to have some serious wedding envy take a look at their weddings here and here. Just kidding...envy is wrong - let's call it "appreciating." ;)


1 comment:

  1. What fun bridesmaids dresses! Love the holiday feel while still remaining classy!

    ReplyDelete