Friday, January 4, 2013

the one with the traveling newlyweds

The first post of 2013! Can you believe that we're already here? I feel like the past year has FLOWN by in a series of crazy, wonderful, new, and exciting moments. Jesse and I sent 2012 out and rang in 2013 among my ever-growing family. We started out in West Palm Beach, Florida with my parents and my brother Jonathan's family, drove up to Columbia, SC to visit with my brother David's family, and are rounding out the trip in Wilmington, NC with my sister Elizabeth's brood. It has been an action-packed vacation filled with presents (giving and getting), movies, some sickness (this always happens to me!), laughter with my incredible siblings and their spouses, and lots of child-wrangling. 

A glimpse of Christmas
I had to drop J off at the airport today so he could head home, but I'm hanging here in Wilmington until my sister's 4th baby is born. I've been here for each of the Thompson births so I'm sooo glad I get to be here for the final addition. Currently, my nieces are by my side chattering away while we settle in to watch Brave (Cassidy's new favorite movie) so I have to run before they assault me for continuing to type rather than watch with them. It's good to be wanted:) 

My extremely pregnant (and very adorable) big sister

Miss this man already:) 
2013 is already shaping up to be a great year! Happy New Year, friends!


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Few things as heartwarming as your hubby and your family celebrating together as one :) So happy for you guys and, selfishly, can't wait to have you back North!

    ReplyDelete