Monday, May 6, 2013

the denim jacket confessional



True life: I've had my Gap denim jacket for 13 years. That's right:I just admitted to owning a piece of clothing for more than half of my life. I'm not sure if that makes me incredibly resourceful or incredibly cheap. In college, I once did a project where we had to judge articles of clothing by cost per wear. This jacket was in the half penny range - score. Needless to say, I'm pretty satisfied with this Christmas gift of yore. I love that denim jackets always seem to come back in style and I'm even more grateful that I never got rid of it when it was "uncool" for about 5 minutes. So to all of you out there who are still wondering if investing in a denim jackets is worth it: take it from me, they are. They are the perfect thing to go with summery dresses, layer with fall sweaters, and match with colored jeans. In the case of this outfit - the jacket is also the perfect thing to make you feel like a beatnik for a night. Double score. 

If I wasn't so obsessed with my own....I would definitely buy one of these bad boys: 
JCrew Factory's lighter shade and slightly over-sized pockets make this the perfect choice for a dress-down layering look. 
Anthropologie's interesting wash gives me an 80's flash back but in a totally rad way.
Gap's dark wash still makes me swoon. These people know how to make the perfect classic.

Happy Denim-Jacket Season (ahem, every season)!

xoxo
A+J

4 comments:

  1. Yes!! I've had mine for 9 years!!! This post makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaabs, you have to publish the family portrait where you're wearing the same denim jacket. Come on...you know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS A denim jacket aged 13 years, 13 dollars to paint your chalkboard window, 13-dollar polka-dot pants. Huzzah! Against all odds, you've beaten superstition. You are (cue Brad Pitt)...the first person whose lucky number is 13. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGs4CjeJiJQ.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some disguise coats will likewise accompany a hood with which you can secure your ears and head. Likewise with an apparel, Camouflage waterproof jacket+pents can be found in every single diverse size, little to XXXL.

    ReplyDelete