Wednesday, May 29, 2013

{the one where he was ferris and i was sloane}

I'm currently surrounded by moving boxes and a to-do list so long that I can't really think straight. But instead of telling you all the things I need to do, I want to tell you about something happy. Because happy things are the best. After Jessica's wedding, J and I drove into Chicago to stay with my sister-in-law's parents for the night. First off, it's amazing when you can build relationships with the family of your brother's in-laws. Like who gets to do that?! I feel so lucky to have such a welcoming extended-extended family:) But anyway, we arrived at the Staten's gorgeous apartment in Lincoln Park on Sunday night. After several days apart during the wedding festivities (he hung with some guys while I spent time with the bride) we were easily convinced to stay in Chicago a little while longer. 

So, we did what any couple would do in our situation. We made the most of it. 

Millennium Park

Getting trendy at the Bean
Jesse channeled his inner Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Buckingham Fountain


The last-minute change-of-plans was equally amazing and sleep-depriving. We left Chicago at 4 in the afternoon with plans to stay at a motel and be back in Boston by dinner-time on Tuesday. But at 11pm, we were reminded of a work meeting we needed to be back for and drove through the night to make it back on time. Ah the joys of being young, in love, and terrible at planning. But all in all, it was totally worth it. Because how often are you in a new, sunny city with the man you love with free tickets to the Art Institute? Not very often:)

xoxo
Ferris + Sloane

2 comments:

  1. That looks SO fun and the Statens flat is in the best area EVER! We once drove through the night to get back for staff meeting...all because we wanted to stay in Chicago a little bit longer. We are the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ferris and Sloooooane. Ha ha. I love Juicy's Cameron photo series. By the way, I literally took the same picture looking down garden steps in Memorial park 2 weeks before you did, when we were there for Tamera's wedding. But mine is not posted anywhere in Cyberspace. 1 point - Alexandra. I'm glad you got to spend time with the Statens! It's funny, I had an impulse to type "Welcome to the family," but then I remembered that we are siblings.

    ReplyDelete