Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Life Interrupted

I've been meaning to blog for about 15 days at this point - but a couple things have gotten in the way. 

First, J and I went on a date. And I dressed cute. 
So I wanted to tell you about that. 


But then, we babysat for three children for 5 days.


Life interrupted. 

And then I wanted to write about watching those cute kids for 5 days. But then, the explosions at the marathon happened. 

.............

Life interrupted. 

And then I wanted to tell you all about the bombings and the city of Boston. But then, the whole city went on lock down and everyone was in a panic. 

..............

Life, was most certainly, interrupted. 

So instead, I want to tell you this: life throws you curve balls. Like big, crazy, unexpected, irrational curve balls. Sometimes these curve balls are the good-kind of unexpected. The kind that crack you up and make you smile with all your might. And other times, well they kinda hit you upside of the head and make you cry. But whatever curve ball you faced last week - and there were quite a few in the news alone - isn't it a relief to know that God is still God?

I want to tell you about all that happened over the last couple of weeks, but I'm afraid that I'm late as it is and that well - my life is interrupting my plans once again.

The Lord foils the plans of the nations;
    he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
 But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever,
    the purposes of his heart through all generations.
Psalm 33:10-11

Boston Strong, all over the place:)
I also wanted to thank all of you who read and commented on my blog post last time. It was good to know that I'm not alone in my need for perspective and contentment. Your comments helped me remember why I like this whole blogging thing so much:) 

xoxo
A+J

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! You have been such a busy lady. Glad you are safe and doing well. Boston Strong! love you

    ReplyDelete