Monday, April 1, 2013

the one with the 5 truths

My first-ever favorite blogger and dear friend, Marilisa over at Young Love in Normaltown, tagged me in this the other day and I thought I would take it on too. Now, I know what you're thinking - I don't exactly hold back the truth. In fact, maybe you feel like I "over-share" on my blog. Which leads me to the first truth:

Truth One//
Ever since I was a little girl, I've been somewhat of an over-sharer. What do I mean by that? I mean that I absolutely and completely must share my every thought with someone in order to feel emotionally validated or absolved of some sort of guilt from the day. My poor mother used to be the sole recipient of all my ridiculous musings but now I try to share the wealth (God - he's the best confidant, my husband, sister, best friends, and even the occasional acquaintance). All of these lucky people now get to enjoy the inner-workings of my tangled up, overly-analytical mind:)

Truth Two//
I need alone time. Like I really need it. Like my poor husband had no idea how much I needed alone time until I wasn't getting it. I think that it has to do with the fact that my parents traveled a ton when I was in high school (and my siblings were much older and didn't live at home) so I was by myself a lot. I grew to cherish being by myself. I loved having the whole house to myself - to cook, to watch television, to relax. It became my favorite thing and it kind of stuck. Even though I'm extrovert - I've become a closet-introvert. And I'm learning to accept that sometimes I need to be alone. Like right now for instance:) 

Truth Three//
I eat out way too much. Like really. Why I can't manage to bring lunch with me more often astounds me. I think it's because I genuinely find lunch the most boring meal of the day when eaten at home. I mean seriously, a sandwich? That's no fun! Where's the interest? The pizzazz? I know what you're thinking - "It's lunch. Who needs a pizzazzy lunch?" Well...I DO! It pains me to say this, but I would guess that a majority of my money (outside of rent) has gone to buying meals out over the course of my life. Which is totally depressing if you think about it. I could have so many more cute clothes if I had learned to stop buying lunch long ago!! No more pizzazz! 

Truth Four//
I'm a humongo klutz. My family jokes that I used to make the entire house shake with my crazy falls (which also leads me to believe that I weighed 400 lbs as a child). When I lived in NYC I would consistently trip UP the stairs of the subway. I often trip when wearing my Ugg boots (Yes, I realize they're unattractive. And no, I don't care). I typically fall in front of people. Or alone. So basically all the time. I like to think that my lack of coordination gives others around me a) a little bit of self-confidence b) a chuckle c) a chance to act like the Good Samaritan and help a sistah out. 

Truth Five//
In my opinion, the worst/best feeling in the world is laughing when you know you shouldn't be laughing. Know what I mean? Like have you ever been sitting in a stiff classroom or in a church service and suddenly something strikes you as funny...or you're sitting next to a friend that is definitely a bad influence in the joke department? One minute, everything is fine and you're paying attention and minding your own business and then the next minute - the awkward joke or ridiculous moment occurs. At first, you try to hold it in. And then, your shoulders start to shake. And that's when you know you're in for it. The shoulders get worse and worse...you can't breathe and then finally there it is - an audible and completely disruptive...SNORT. And then you think to yourself - "MY LIFE!!! Hello everyone, I'm 25 years old and still incapable of keeping it together in public." Best and worst feeling ever:)

I tag: Kayci, Braelen, and Susan:)

And just in case you needed this reminder on this beautiful Monday:


Cheers!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I cant help but think that you're talking about me in #5... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you write in the exact manner that you speak! :) And I love all these facts about you! I totally need my alone time too, but I never saw you as a "closet-introvert" haha!

    You can totally add some pizazz to your lunch!! Add some mango salsa to a quesadilla or some strawberries to your salad or some guacamole to a BLT or some curry to a chicken salad wrap. Oooh and try a tomato, basil mozzarella sandwich! I love them!

    ReplyDelete