Wednesday, March 20, 2013

the one where winter never ended

They tell me that today is the first day of spring. I think Boston forgot. For one thing - there are piles of fresh snow on the ground. For another, my spring-like outfit is obstructed by my puffy coat, scarf and hat.

I considered posting today about all the things I dislike about the month of March (all of which are weather related) but remembered that God tells us not to complain. Which I desperately need to remember. Then I thought about posting about all the things I love about March - but that felt artificial. 

So I finally decided to post this: Today is the first day of spring. 

Here is what I wanted to wear: 




This is how it turned out:



Here is what I actually wore:



Here are the very old boots that are tired of being worn:



So there you have it folks. A southern girl choosing to make the best of a never-ending winter. Because at the end of the day - we all have a lot to be grateful for:)

Shirt: JCrew Factory
Sweater: Wallace (via gift)
Jeans: Old Navy
Bracelets: Alix & Ani/Anthro
Boots: Urban
Hat: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment