Monday, March 25, 2013

the one where i said yes!

Once upon a time (March 25, 2012), my dreamboat of a half-Indian boyfriend proposed. And then he became my betrothed (I'm saying "betrothed' because I don't know how to do the accent on fiance...#embarrassing). And then we proceeded to have the fastest, craziest engagement known to man. And it was all delightful. 

Before we got engaged, I actually lost my mind. I was going crazy with the whole waiting game and did what any totally weird, former journalism major would do - I wrote about it. And now, for the first time ever, I share with you the inner-workings of my pre-engaged, desperate mind. Prepare yourselves. 

That moment when: Every casualhang-out becomes a question mark; you suddenly care how your nails look; youfind yourself opening a secret word document for wedding ideas.
That moment….is now.

Every call, every look, every changeof plans has become a massive conspiracy and a ruse for a pop-proposal. When,how and again...WHEN is he going to say those four magic words that are destinedto change my life for good?!

Don’t get me wrong – I’m glad that I’mthe girl who gets to relax, look pretty, and merely accept a diamond ring. Buthonestly, our gender was not designed for such a testing time period. SurelyGod meant for us to do the asking for the simple reasons that: 
a) we like toplan hospitable parties (especially of the engagement variety) 
b) pickingout our own jewelry is our fave.  

However,I suppose nothing can prepare a woman for submission like the mind-numbing(rather, mind-racing) process of pre-engagement. If I had a nickel for everytime I nearly mentioned the words,“marry,” “wedding,” engagement,” and “future child,” (just kidding on the lastone – gross), I could afford a much nicer wedding!

Alas, I sit here in anxious, happyanticipation. And by sit here I actually mean jog-in-place. Because after all,I’ve got to be hot for my big day.

And now that I've fully let you in to the inner-workings of my ridiculous mind - here are some photos from the day that I finally got to stop freaking out:) 







I love happy beginnings:) 

xoxo
A and J

3 comments:

  1. Fiancé ;-)

    Alt + 0233

    ♥ you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Alexandra. And Jesse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Alexandra you are too funny! I'm inspired to share my own pre-engaged thoughts but I think people would LITERALLY think I was crazy. You were with me during that painful day when I thought I had figured out the engagement and then didn't want Taylor to ask...haha #nutcase

    ReplyDelete