Tuesday, February 26, 2013

daring choices








Two outfit posts in a ROW? I know, you're impressed. And I know you're also impressed that I'm wearing a skirt. In the winter. In Boston. I've got to say - I'm feeling pretty good about that. I bought this maxi skirt a few weeks ago at Target (duh) for...wait for it...8 dollars! Best. Day. Ever. But since I bought the skirt, I've been stressed about how to wear it. Since it's long, thick and gray - it had every possibility of looking matronly and well, rather Amish (no offense to the internet-using Amish...wait, can they use the internet? Great, now I'm offending the high-tech Amish. This post has quickly become far too offensive for a Tuesday morning). I was inspired by my girl Sydney over at the Daybook Blog over a year ago (No, we're not friends...yes, I'm still referring to her as "my girl") but I finally worked up the nerve to try it out. And I'm pretty pleased with the results. Here's to daring days in fashion and politically-incorrect remarks!

Cardigan: H&M
Striped shirt: Gap
Scarf: Apricot Lane (via my mother-in-law)
Skirt: Target
Belt: Thrifted




8 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha "Great, now I'm offending the high-tech Amish." love you, love your outfit, killing it girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wearing maxi's in the winter is the best! I am inspired to wear this outfit! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love you. Props to you I still haven't done an outfit post. I could never do a maxi in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so that's what it's called? i have a winter maxi skirt, and i LOVE it! but i've never thought to dress it down like this - great outfit!

    p.s. my mom also calls it my amish skirt. i like to think of it as more 1901 schoolmarm :)

    ReplyDelete