Thursday, February 14, 2013

paint the town red




On Tuesday, Jesse and I and went out on a sixmonthiversalentines date (I know, I'm a nerd) and so I decided to dress up. Which means one thing: outfit post! I mean to post these more but I always feel so awkward asking someone (usually my husband) to take a picture for me. I may have dreamed about being America's Next Top Model (come on, admit it - you posed in the mirror after watching Tyra too) but translating that to real life is much more...odd. So instead, Michaela - my neighbor/delightfully amazing friend/servant extraordinaire, dropped by and snapped pictures of my outfit before Jesse got home. I'm lucky to have friends that overlook such weird requests:)

So anyway, I went with red because: 
A. I'm obsessed with it. I don't know when it happened but everything I own is now a shade of red. 
B. It's Valentine's week. Duh. 
C. It goes well with gold accessories. Which I'm also having a love affair with at the moment. 
D. This is what we call a "skinny" dress. You know one of those dresses that makes you feel like you magically lost about 5 pounds? This is one such dress. Thank you, Old Navy for the teeny bit of Valentine's cheer. 

Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Thrifted
Gold polka dot tights: American Eagle {Similar}
Booties: Baker's 
Bomber Jacket: Target {Similar}

Let's eat chocolate, people! 
xoxo






1 comment:

  1. I'm a little upset that you did use some of the more fierce pictures.

    anyway, you're great. Also, I have arrived! I am on the blog!

    woo hooo! (in the voice of jenna allen)

    ReplyDelete