Tuesday, August 27, 2013

{retreat//revisit}

So basically - J and I have pretty amazing jobs. One of the best parts is that we get to build relationships with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. And these young people aren't just talented - they have a love for God that challenges my heart and keeps me growing. Last week, we got to take some of our people out for a pre-semester retreat. Over the course of the retreat, we prayed together, discussed our dreams and fears, and ate an untold number of s'mores. As I sat around the campfire with these students that are allowing us to borrow their zeal and enthusiasm for approximately four years - I couldn't help but be thankful. Camping is not exactly my forte, but two nights and 250 bug bites later - I felt spiritually focused and excited to watch God work through these student leaders in our city. 

On the way home, we realized that we were near the apple orchard where we got married - Smolak Farms in North Andover, MA. We hadn't visisted since our wedding day and so we decided to take a detour with everybody to snap some pictures, visit the petting zoo, and of course - eat their famous apple cider donuts. It was so special to revisit the site where we said, "I do"  -- still just as beautiful as I remember!

The perfect ending to a wonderful mini-retreat:)




Still so in love with this guy.
It's still August - here's to savoring every last minute of summer sunshine!
A+J

No comments:

Post a Comment