Tuesday, October 23, 2012

the one with the 100 things

Welcome to the Tuesday edition of Monday Musings...things that happened on Monday but that I couldn't post until today:) 

Allow me to update you on last week in the Ghoman household: So even after all the warm-fuzzies I posted last week, I still found myself in quite the emotional tizzy by Saturday morning. A series of unfortunate events had bombarded my already-fragile emotional state (see last week's post) and I couldn't seem to rebound. By the time the weekend showed it's friendly face - I was burnt out and exhausted.

But on Sunday, several things changed for the better - I got to go to church and worship God (always good), J and I went to a young marrieds devotional that talked about communication (always hilarious), AND I heard a lesson on gratitude (always convicting). 

The lesson stuck with me into my Monday reflection time and I found myself wanting to take the challenge that my dear friend Jenna left her audience with - to write down 100 things I'm grateful for.

It may have taken awhile, but after praying through the loooong list, I felt like a new woman. Today, I still have the same errands to run, same laundry to do, and the same issues to resolve. But now, I can embrace these "challenges" with a renewed perspective.

So allow me to pass along the 100 Things Challenge. What do you have to be thankful for? 

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" 
Philippians 4:4 

No comments:

Post a Comment